About Comark Corporation
Comark Corporation is a privately held, Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) and was incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in 1974 by Charles S. Breen. Comark moved to its’ current location in Medfield, MA in 1983. The company operates out of a 30,000 square foot facility, where it conducts all engineering, manufacturing, sales and administrative operations.
Comark has provided system solutions to the world’s Fortune 1000 companies for over 35 years. We offer a broad range of standard industrial computing solutions, custom designs and technical support to ensure the success of each and every application. Over 70,000 Comark systems have been installed and many are still in use today.
Markets We Serve
Comark manufactures a wide array of standard and custom, high-performance computer solutions to suit each individual application Our products are designed to operate reliably in situations that would compromise most electronics. From industrial workstations, NEMA enclosures, all-in-one solutions, panel mount displays & PCs, military grade systems and custom kiosks, we have the product to fit your application.
We supply Engineered Solutions to the following Market Segments:
- Building Automation – UL 864 & UL 1069 Recognized Components for Fire & Alarm, Access Control, Security, Mass Notification, Nurse Call Stations, Patient Monitoring and Medical Imaging.
- Industrial Automation – Factory-hardened workstations for Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Material Handling, Production Line Monitoring, Wireless Data Collection and Machine Tool Control.
- Military, Mobile, Marine – MIL Standard, IEC60945 & ECDIS Compliant solutions for Navigation, Charting, Vessel Management, Workboat Operations, Military Deployment, Emergency Response Vehicles, and Surveillance applications.
- Retail Automation and Self-Service Kiosks – Indoor and Outdoor solutions for Wayfinding, Ticketing, Hospitality, Tourism, Automated Attendant, Self-Service, Digital Signage and Digital Media distribution.
Comark believes that our customers come first and we strive to continually meet and exceed both delivery and quality commitments by investing in a continuous improvement plan. This includes factory improvements and expansion, new process implementation, broader range testing capabilities and certified training for all employees. Highlights of our design and manufacturing systems include:
- ISO 9001:2008 Certification for Design Control, Corrective Action and Quality Assurance Procedures
- Lean Manufacturing provides dedicated product cells for quicker build cycles
- 5S Implementation creates organized work centers for optimized labor flow, reduced set-up and cycle times and improved reliability
- EMI & Thermal Chambers for enhanced product testing
- Dedicated prototype lab for design, product review and implementation
Our dedicated R&D group provides in-depth product testing, new product design and part qualification. Comark has the equipment, facilities and experience to design solutions that operate reliably in tough conditions where dust, dirt, water, extreme temperatures, high shock and vibration are part of everyday operations.
- Bonding of EMI Glass and Touchscreens, UV cured to LCD Panels to reduce fogging and improve contrast ratio and clarity by the reduction of secondary reflections and index matching
- Solidworks 3D Modeling reduces design time while optimizing product releases
- OrCad Schematic Capture and PCB Layout for all electrical designs
- Thermal Analysis for extreme high and low temperature testing
- On-site EMI Chamber and full environmental testing
- Shock and Vibration Lab for in-house product qualification
- Rapid Prototype Capability
Comark uses the VPAT (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template) to assist U.S. Federal agencies and other customers in determining how our products support the “Electronic and Information Accessibility Standards” set forth in regulations of the US Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (36 CFR Part 1194), which implements Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 USC 794d), as amended by P.L. No. 106-246 (July 13, 2000). Below are a list of Computers and Displays that details the accessibility features of our products.
Our goal is to design and manufacture products with a 10 Year product support path and a 20 Year product service life. We pledge our support to our customer’s success by designing products that will have an available upgrade path for at least 10 years, to ensure your mission is achieved. We’re here for the long haul and vow to be able to service your product at year 20 of its’ service life. We have over 30 years of dedicated customer service and technical support experience and look forward to supporting your application requirements. Contact us for application, product or after sale support at 1-800-280-8522.
We guarantee the success of your program. If our product, support or application assistance fails to meet your expectations, call Steve Schott, President.
You can reach Mr. Schott at 800.280.8522 X119,
or send an email to: